Although I am still eight away from thirty, it wouldn’t hurt to share a list of things I’d like to do before I turn thirty. I like to think of it as a list of my long term goals, it contains things I’d like to do, to be done to me, to have achieved etc. On my thirtieth birthday, I’d look back to this post and share with you things that I have successfully ticked off this list, In Sha Allah. Without too much story, these are my ‘thirty before thirty’ in no particular order.
1. Get my own apartment: I’d love to have my personal space, a place I don’t have to share with anyone, except I want to. A place where I can decorate and re-decorate according to my whims, I simply want to have the joy and fulfilment of having place that’s mine and mine alone.
2. I want to write an award-winning book: This has been my biggest dream for as long as I can remember, it was one of the things that made me start a blog. Now, I can proudly say I have moved from where I was before, and I moving steadily to where I want to be.
3. Travel around the around: I want to see places that I have only read of in books and watched in movies, I want to see what the world looks like outside Nigeria.
4. I’d like to meet Taraji P. Henson; Taraji is 95% goals for me.
5. I’d like to fall in love. Sadly, while I have had crushes and have even dated a few. I have never been in love. So, I want to know what that feels like.
6. Go to culinary school: this is a goal that I recently developed. I consider my cooking skills very average. While average isn’t a bad thing, I’d still like to step up my game, not for any reason in particular, just for myself.
7. I’d like to produce a movie: This too is one of my biggest dreams, to produce a worthwhile and outstanding movie.
8. Learn a foreign language: I only know how to speak two languages, Yoruba and English. But, this is changing because I have started taking French lessons.
9. I’d like to try something scary: I don’t know what exactly but, I’d like to do something that would ordinary scare the living daylights out of me.
10. I’d like to be on the cover of a magazine.
11. I want to buy something unreasonably expensive for myself on my next birthday.
12. Take myself out on a fancy date.
13. Get married.
14. I’d like my name to make it to the list of 100 most influential women in the world.
15. I’d love to start a charity.
16. I want to work with someone I admire: I admire a lot of people, so the list would be endless if I start calling names.
17. I want to start meditating; I’d like to achieve the inner peace and understanding that comes with meditation.
18. I’d love to listen to a song written just for me.
19. Get a pet: I hope I finally get one, probably a cat (but then, all these our Nigerian people enh…let me leave it like that because if you know you know.)
20. I’d like to go on a cruise.
21. I’d like to have sex on a ship (you know some game of thrones stuff, without the incest biko)
22. I’d like to finish an extra-large bowl, cup, bucket whatever of ice-cream. I don’t know what my problem is with ice-cream. I can’t get past two spoons… kilode.
23. I’d like to fall asleep gazing at the stars. In order words I want to sleep under an open sky.
24. I’d like to open my own girly store, something that has my brand all over it.
25. I’d like to make someone extremely happy.
26. I’d like to start a workout routine and stick to it. Not all these lazy things I’m always doing.
27. I’d love to build a home library. Nothing extravagant, just a large shelf of all my books arranged in an orderly manner. But then, I have to get an apartment first.
28. I’d love to visit all the tourist centres in Nigeria. With all the places I am yet to see in this country, I wonder how I still have my citizenship.
29. I’d love to add a little weight. Although I am very comfortable with my current body size, it wouldn’t hurt just to add a little more.
30. I’d love to go on a holy pilgrimage to Mecca.
These are the things I want to do before I turn thirty. But, this list can grow to become fifty or even hundred or it may reduce; this is just how I feel currently. Let’s see how many things I can tick off this list before I turn thirty.
Enjoy your Friday people, Jummah Mubarak to my Muslim people. Don’t forget the next episode of Accepting Love comes up this evening.